In the interest of public safety and following the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) B
If you are playing the game Pokémon Go, be careful while hunting for the app-created virtual creatures. Your safety and the safety of others are important.
In the virtual world, you “gotta catch ‘em all.” In the real world, players have encountered danger as they stare into their gadgets, often oblivious to their surroundings.
We urge you to stay alert and be respectful as you explore the augmented reality of Pokémon Go. Some precautions should include the following.
• Keep your head up.
• Don’t play Pokémon Go while driving or cycling.
• Don’t wander into traffic rights of way while in pursuit of Pokémon.
• Avoid suspicious locations and be aware of strangers.
• Avoid trespassing on private property, or public places after hours.
• Make sure that people can see you if you're playing at night.
Remember that Pokémon characters disappear and move to different locations in the game. If that coveted character is hiding in an unsafe or inappropriate location, you can wait for it to move to more suitable hunting ground.
If you see something suspicious, say something by notifying the police department.
Happy (and safe) hunting!